Faith

» Faith becomes lame, when it ventures into matters pertaining to reason. T-7-36


» A faith gained in strength only when people were willing to lay down their lives for it. T-7-386


» Faith is like the Himalaya mountains which cannot possibly change. T-3-244


» Faith is not a delicate flower which would wither away under the slightest stormy weather. T-3-244


» Robust faith in oneself and brave trust of the opponent, so called or real, is the best safeguard. T-8-133


» Exercise of faith will be the safest where there is a clear determination summarily to reject all that is contrary to truth and love. T-2-313


» A living faith cannot be manufactured by the rule of majority. MM-341


» What is faith worth if it is not translated into action? T-5-180


» If you have faith in the cause and the means and in God, the hot sun will be cool for you. T-2-182


» It is poor faith that needs fair weather for standing firm. That alone is true faith that stands the foulest weather. XXV-337


» Nothing can be more hurtful to an honourable man than that he should be accused of bad faith. XX-160


» Faith is not imparted like secular subjects. It is given through the language of the heart. TIG-70


» Every living faith must have within itself the power of rejuvenation if it is to live. TIG-73


» Work without faith is like an attempt to reach the bottom of a bottomless pit. MM-5


» A man with a grain of faith in God never loses hope, because he ever believes in the ultimate triumph of Truth. XXV-188


» A man of faith does not bargain or stipulate with God. XXV-88


» Just as the body cannot exist without blood, so the soul needs the matchless and pure strength of faith. TIG-112


» Nonviolence succeeds only when we have a real living faith in God. T-5-14


» A satyagrahi should have a living faith in God. T-5-92


» The Gita is not for those who have no faith. T-2-2


» I am a seasoned soldier of nonviolence, and I have evidence enough to sustain my faith. T-5-222


» I have made the world's faith in God my own and as my faith is effaceable, I regard that faith as amounting to experience. TIG-4


» I know nothing of the science of astrology and I consider it to be a science, if it is a science, of doubtful value, to be severely left alone by those who have any faith in Providence. T-2-314


» It is the faith and perseverance and single-mindedness with which Hitler has perfected his weapons of destruction that commands my admiration. T-5-291


» God's word is: 'He who strives never perishes'. I have implicit faith in that promise. TIG-4


» My effort should never be to undermine another's faith but to make him a better follower of his own faith. T-2-343


» My faith in non-co-operation is as bright as ever. XXV-336


» My faith is brightest in the midst of impenetrable darkness. MM-132


» My faith runs so very much faster than my reason that I can challenge the whole world and say, 'God is, was and ever shall be'. TIG-13


» The only tyrant I accept in this world is the 'still small voice' within. MM-14


» My implicit faith in nonviolence does mean yielding to minorities when they are really weak. MM-343


» Nonviolence is the first article of my faith. It is also the last article of my creed. T-2-97


» With me the connection between the cosmic phenomena and human behaviour is a living faith that draws me nearer to God, humbles me and makes me readier for facing Him. T-3-251


» Without a belief in my programme and without an acceptance of my condition, you will ruin me, ruin yourselves and ruin the cause. T-5-265


» All faiths constitute a revelation of Truth, but all are imperfect and liable to error. TIG-65


» Tolerance implies a gratuitous assumption of the inferiority of other faiths to one's own. TIG-64


» What faith can you place in a general or a soldier who lacks resolution and determination, who says, 'I shall keep guard as long as I can'? T-2-365


» Can a general fight on the strength of soldiers, who, he knows, have no faith in him? T-5-266


» Decency requires that when a programme is approved by the majority, all should carry it out faithfully. T-5-225


» Even as a tree has a single trunk, but many branches and leaves, there is one religion but any number of faiths. TIG-65


» He who would in his own person test the fact of God's presence can do so by a living faith.T-2-213


» If you have no character to lose, people will have no faith in you. T-3-34


» Khaddar is an activity that can absorb all the time of all available men and women and grown-up children, if they have faith. XXV-365


» Legal imposition avoids the necessity of honour or good faith. XXVI-162


» Prayer is an impossibility without a living faith in the presence of God within. TIG-55


» The renunciation of the Gita is the acid test of faith. T-2-310


» Those who are lacking in bhakti (devotion), lacking in faith, are ill qualified to interpret the scriptures. TIG-96