Love

 


» Love and ahimsa are matchless in their effect. TIG-57


» Love and exclusive possession can never go together. T-4-11


» Love based upon indulgence of animal passion, is at best a selfish affair, and likely to snap under the slightest strain. T-2-225


» Love can never express itself by imposing sufferings on others. It can only express itself by self-suffering, by self-purification. T-3-221


» Love in the sense of ahimsa has only a limited number of votaries in the world. T-3-144


» Love is a rare herb that makes a friend even of a sworn enemy and this herb grows out of nonviolence. XIV-209


» Love is no love which asks for a return. XIV-402


» Love is the basis of our friendship as it is of religion. MM-404


» The law of love knows no bounds of space or time. MM-398


» Love is the subtlest force in the world. XXV-392


» The law of love will work, just as the law of gravitation will work, whether we accept it or not. T-3-112


» Love is needed to strengthen the weak; love becomes tyrannical when it exacts obedience from an unbeliever. T-2-62


» Ahimsa means infinite love, which again means infinite capacity for suffering. MM-295


» Ahimsa and love are one and the same thing. TIG-19


» If love was not the law of life, life would not have persisted in the midst of death. TIG-18


» Where love is, there God is also. MM-418


» Where there is love, there is life; hatred leads to destruction. MM-417


» The only way love punishes is by suffering. T-2-87


» Whenever there are wars, whenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love. MM-417


» Though God may be Love, God is Truth, above all. T-3-144


» Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent than the one derived from fear of punishment. MM-344


» If light can come out of darkness, then alone can love emerge from hatred. MM-417


» My fast is, among other things, meant to qualify me for achieving that equal and selfless love. T-2-151


» My freedom from hatred – I would even claim for myself individually, my love – for those who consider themselves to be my enemies, does not make me blind to their faults. T-2-199


» My goal is friendship with the world and I can combine the greatest love with the greatest opposition to wrong. MM-424


» My love of nationalism is that my country may become free, and if need be, the whole of the country die, so that the human race may live. T-2-200


» My nonviolence demands universal love, and you are not a small part of it. T-5-295


» My only sanction is the love and affection in which you hold me. But it has its weaknesses, as it has its strengths. T-5-260


» My religion teaches me to love all equally. XXV-202


» I cannot think of permanent enmity between man and man. MM-422


» True ahimsa should wear a smile even in a death-bed state brought about by an assailant. It is only with that ahimsa that we can befriend our opponents and win their love. T-5-243


» I can see that in the midst of death life persists, in the midst of untruth truth persists, in the midst of darkness light persists. Hence I gather that God is Life, Truth, Light, He is Love. He is the supreme Good. T-2-313


» Having flung aside the sword, there is nothing except the cup of love which I can offer to those who oppose me. MM-422


» It is my great misfortune that I have to measure your love by the money gifts you give for Daridranarayana. T-2-354


» For me the only certain means of knowing God is non-violence, ahimsa, love. T-2-126


» Free, open love I have looked upon as dog’s love. Secret love is, besides, cowardly. T-5-196


» The path of bhakti, karma and love, as expounded in the Gita, leaves no room for the despising of man by man. T-2-278


» Of what avail is my love if it be only so long as I trust my friend? MM-421


» The Law is God. Anything attributed to Him is not a mere attribute. He is Truth, Love, Law and million things that human ingenuity can name. T-3-250


» Exercise of faith will be the safest where there is a clear determination, summarily, to reject all that is contrary to Truth and Love. TIG-9


» God is Light, not darkness. God is love, not hate. God is Truth, not untruth. God alone is Great. XXV-479


» Hatred can be overcome only by love. Counter-hatred only increases the surface, as well as the depth of hatred. T-7-144


» True ahimsa should mean a complete freedom from ill-will and anger and hate and an overflowing love for all. T-2-318


» It is a heavy downpour of rain which drenches the soil to fullness; likewise only a profuse shower of love can overcome hatred. XIV-402


» Jesus lived and died in vain if He did not teach us to regulate the whole of life by the eternal Law of Love. T-5-18


» When you want to find Truth as God, the only inevitable means is love, that is nonviolence. T-3-144


» One who hooks his fortune to ahimsa, the law of love, daily lessens the circle of destruction and to that extent promotes life and love. T-4-33


» Our peaceful non-co-operation must be constructive, non-destructive. Poison should not emerge from the throes of love. XXV-139


» Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent than the one derived from fear of punishment. XXV-563


» Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. XXV-563


» Retaliation is counter-poison, and poison breeds more poison. The nectar of love alone can destroy the poison of hate. T-5-241


» A seeker after truth, a follower of the law of Love, cannot hold anything against tomorrow.MM-188


» The call of the spinning wheel is the noblest of all. Because it is the call of love. And love is Swaraj. T-2-63